CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board Registered Program
In partnership with Dalton Education™, The Loyola University New Orleans CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Board Registered Program is a 7 month blended program, both on-campus and online, which assists students in their journey to become a CFP® Professional.
This program meets the educational needs of professionals who plan, assess, and evaluate a client's financial future through the development of a comprehensive financial plan. Our program's courses are taught by financial service professionals who provide current information in a variety of financial planning areas.
Loyola is partnering with Dalton Education to offer students a valuable, new way to complete their CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ education prior to passing the CFP® exam. Loyola's CFP model provides students with an all-inclusive, CFP Board-registered and approved program that will fulfill the coursework requirement and help students prepare to be successful on the CFP® exam.
Students who successfully complete our program will fulfill the CFP Board contact hour minimum education requirement and become eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Exam.
Contact the CFP Board at 800-487-1497 or visit their website at www.cfp.net for exam dates and to register for the exam.
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning and Insurance
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
- Estate Planning
Textbooks are not included in tuition.
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning, 5th Edition (Money Education)
- Insurance Planning, 6th Edition (Money Education)
- Financial Calculator Essentials, 3rd Edition (Dalton Education)
- Estate Planning, 11th Edition (Money Education)
- Income Tax Planning, 12th Edition (Money Education)
- Investment Planning: Concepts and Strategies, 1st Edition (Money Education)
- Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits, 15th Edition (Money Education)
Who Should Attend?
- Financial Planners
- Insurance Agents
- Employee Benefits Specialists
- Investment Advisors and Brokers
- Trust Officers
- Anyone considering a career in financial planning
- 7 Month Program
- Instructor-Led, On-Campus and Online classes that are recorded for future viewing.
- Flexible education schedules with classes meeting two nights per week.
- 200 - 250 hours of preparation designed to give students the foundational knowledge to prepare them for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Tuition includes: Online access to recorded pre-study lectures, pre and post-course assessments to test progress before and after each course and online quizzes, midterms, and finals that are automatically scored.
- Access to Dalton Education curriculum.
- Upon successful completion of the CFP® Board Registered Program, you will receive a Loyola University New Orleans certificate of completion.
Loyola does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP (with plaque design) and CFP (with flame design) marks. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP® in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
The CFP® certification process, administered by the CFP Board, identifies to the public that those individuals who have been authorized to use the CFP® certification marks in the U.S. have met rigorous professional standards and have agreed to adhere to the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism and diligence when dealing with clients.
Visit the CFP Board website for detailed information on requirements needed for CFP® Certification.
Dates: Coming Fall 2021 (TBD)
Days: Tuesday and Thursdays
Times: 7 PM - 9 PM
Classes are recorded for future viewing, so you never miss a class!
$5,650 (tuition does not include textbooks)
Approximate Cost of Textbooks: $900
Total Cost of Program: Approximately $6,550
*Textbooks do not need to be purchased all at once. Course textbooks can be purchased as the course start date approaches. See Curriculum below.
Register for the CFP certification education will be available soon.
Optional Add On: The Dalton Review®
The Dalton Review® is a Post-Review Program offering 40 - 60 hours of preparation and review for the CFP exam.
Post Review Office Hours
The post-review office hours are an opportunity to ask any remaining questions from the review and to receive last minute instruction on any topic of the student's choice. The post-review sessions are held in our virtual classroom and are recorded for playback at a later time,
Once students complete the pre-study program and review, they will be ready for the testbank. The testbank contains approximately 2,000 multiple choice questions similar to those on the CFP Exam. The assessments are times and include logic and concepts with each question - supplying instant feedback. Students have access to the testbank throughout the entire review process and can test themselves on their weakest topics by creating custom assessments by sub topics.
Cost: $995 * (Savings of $300 when you enroll with the Loyola CFP program. Otherwise, the cost of The Dalton Review® is $1295.)
When registering for the CFP Program, The Dalton Review® will be an optional add on that you can select. The cost will be added to the tuition.
Tuition discounts are available for Alumni, Current Students, Military, Faculty, and Staff.
* Discounts can not be used towards the Optional Add On, The Dalton Review®.
For additional information on registration requirements, parking, cancellations, and the refund policy, please click here.
Email us at PACS@loyno.edu for more information.
$5,650 plus course materials*
Total cost of program is approximately $6,550.
Optional Add On: The Dalton Review®: $995*
* Tuition does not include cost of textbooks. A textbook list and ordering instructions will be emailed to registered students. Approximate cost of textbooks is $900.
* Discounts available for Alumni, Current Students, Military, Faculty, and Staff.
* Discounts cannot be used towards the Optional Add On, The Dalton Review®
- Full tuition remitted at registration. Please select "Student - Full Pay" upon registration.
- Payment Plan Option:
- A $250 deposit is due upon registration to reserve your seat in the class. You will be contacted by PACS to set up a payment plan through Loyola's payment plan partner, Nelnet Campus Commerce. This outside agency offers monthly plans with no interest for a low enrollment fee. Please select "Student - Payment Plan Option" upon registration.
- Sallie Mae loan option:
- $250 deposit is due upon registration to reserve your seat in the class. Please select "Student - Payment Plan Option" upon registration.
- Sallie Mae application number must be submitted to PACS@loyno.edu within 2 business days of registration.
Classes starting Fall 2021
This 7 month program offers instructor-led, blended online and on-campus courses. Tuition: $5,650
CFP® Certification Education
From the Leaders in Financial Education