Young Women's Leadership Academy
Designed for women ages 18-24, the Loyola University New Orleans and Councilmember Lesli Harris' Young Women’s Leadership Academy (YWLA) is a 1-day workshop for young women who want to develop, connect, and grow as leaders.
This workshop aims to build community amongst young women from diverse backgrounds as they engage in leadership training, peer learning, and networking. Throughout the day, participants work collaboratively to understand their personalities and leadership styles, define their career goals, and begin to build their professional networks. The inaugural YWLA was held May 22, 2023.
The mission of the YWLA is to cultivate the next generation of women leaders by providing the tools and strategies necessary to achieve their fullest potential personally and professionally.
Who We Are Seeking
We seek to fill the cohort with young women from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, and professional backgrounds. All young women ages 18-24 interested in growing their leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
Join our email notification list for the lastest news, updates, and upcoming registration for Young Women's Leadership Academy.
YWLA Cohort 1 Alumnae
YWLA Cohort 2 Program Details
Location: Loyola University New Orleans Uptown Campus
Audubon Room in Danna Student Center (2nd Floor)
Address: 6363 St. Charles Ave., NO, LA 70118
APPLICATIONS COMING SOON
- Selection into a small cohort of 25 women with aspirations to build their leadership skills and serve in leadership roles in their communities.
- Full day workshop and curriculum specially designed for young women with leader potential.
- Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment and review to gain a deeper understanding of your personality and how it informs your leadership style.
- Featured speakers including Councilmember Lesli Harris (New Orleans City Councilmember for District B).
- Networking opportunities with local women leaders, including many alumnae from Loyola’s 11-month Women’s Leadership Academy.
- Access to an active network of alumnae and special invitations to future events and opportunities for social and professional engagement.
- Meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Obtainment of a Loyola University New Orleans Certificate of Completion
Thank you to the New Orleans City Council and Cox Communications for your partnership with the Office of Professional and Continuing Studies at Loyola University New Orleans. With your generous support, we were able to launch our successful Young Women's Leadership Academy.
YWLA Cohort 1