Young Women's Leadership Academy
Designed for women ages 18-24, the Loyola University New Orleans and Councilmember Lesli Harris' Young Women’s Leadership Academy (YWLA) is a 1-day workshop for young women who want to develop, connect, and grow as leaders.
This workshop aims to build community amongst young women from diverse backgrounds as they engage in leadership training, peer learning, and networking. Throughout the day, participants work collaboratively to understand their personalities and leadership styles, define their career goals, and begin to build their professional networks.
The mission of the YWLA is to cultivate the next generation of women leaders by providing the tools and strategies necessary to achieve their fullest potential personally and professionally.
Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
Time: 10AM - 6PM
Location: Loyola University New Orleans
Audubon Room in Danna Student Center (2nd Floor)
Address: 6363 St. Charles Ave., NO, LA 70118
*Due to a generous grant from Cox Communications and support from Councilmember Lesli Harris’ office, participants will only be required to pay a small fee to reserve their spot in this workshop. A small number of fee waivers may be available for those unable to pay.
Who We Are Seeking
We seek to fill the cohort with young women from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, and professional backgrounds. All young women ages 18-24 interested in growing their leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of the program include:
- Selection into a small cohort of 25 women with aspirations to build their leadership skills and serve in leadership roles in their communities.
- Full day workshop and curriculum specially designed for young women with leader potential.
- Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment and review to gain a deeper understanding of your personality and how it informs your leadership style.
- Featured speakers including Councilmember Lesli Harris (New Orleans City Councilmember for District B).
- Networking opportunities with local women leaders, including many alumnae from Loyola’s 11-month Women’s Leadership Academy.
- Access to an active network of alumnae and special invitations to future events and opportunities for social and professional engagement.
- Meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Obtainment of a Loyola University New Orleans Certificate of Completion
Applications are closed.