Learning About Money
This course is intended for individuals who wish to learn about money. Course content covers different accounts for money, credit cards, credit score, loans, car financing, mortgage, insurance, budgeting, and taxes. These topics will be covered in their most simplistic and basic form.
This course is offered free to the general public and to high school juniors and seniors.
Expected Student Course Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be more informed about:
• checking, savings and brokerage accounts
• credit cards and credit score
• simple consumer loans
• simple car financing
• simple mortgage loan
• most common insurance products (ex. renters' insurance, auto insurance, homeowners' insurance)
• basic budgeting
• annual required individual tax filing
No prerequisite course.
Students must have basic computer and Canvas skills to complete assignments, such as the ability to identify and click on buttons to access and navigate the course content, being able to find your course assignments, grades, and feedback in Canvas, and being able to add attachments, links, images, and submission of the assignments, etc.
About the Instructor
Instructor: Mehmet F. Dicle, Ph.D.
** For additional information on registration requirements, parking, cancellations, and the refund policy, please click here.
This course is offered free to the general public and high school junior and seniors.
Dates: May 17, 2021 - July 2, 2021
Duration: 7 weeks
Format: Online via Canvas, Asynchronous Learning, Live meetings as needed
Section 1 (Offered to General Public):
Register HERE *
Section 2 (High School Juniors and Seniors):
* If you receive a message that the "Event is Not Found," please clear your cache and cookies and try again. The registration page should be available once this is cleared.